2021 Trash Reminders
Union Mills – 2021 Trash Reminders
Hello Union Mill Community! Many residents have contacted FSR and/or the Board regarding trash issues in the community. As we approach the end of summer in 2021, here are some of the efforts to reduce the issues with trash in the community.
Please be aware of the following . . .
- Trash may not be left outside in any light-weight, flimsy plastic kitchen bag or any other flimsy bag. These bags allow animals and vermin to break them open which cause issues in the community, spread trash everywhere, and in some cases, endangered pets. Trash not in a bin must be in a heavy duty bag AND cannot be placed outside for pick up until the morning of trash day not earlier than 6:00 A.M.
- Trash and Recycling containers shall be placed for pickup not earlier than 6:00 P.M. on the evening before the pick-up day.
- Trash and Recycling Bins must be returned to your homes outside of pick-up days. These bins must be concealed from view from the streets/sidewalks.
- The HOA will continue to sponsor spring and fall clean up days, as we did in Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. The HOA will arrange for large dumpsters and donation pick up for a weekend in Spring and Fall to help with clean-up issues.
- Furniture, appliances, large items and things that to do not fit in a trash bin must have pick up arranged with Patriot at (703) 257-7100.
- Trash pick-up is Tuesdays & Fridays. Recycling pick-up is Wednesdays.
- Yard Waste is picked up on Wednesdays (March 1st-December 24th). Do not discard yard waste in the woods, common areas, streets or your neighbor’s lot. This has caused several issues this year with clogged gutters and additional expenses for landscaping.
- If garbage or recycling is placed on the curb too late for pick-up, it must be returned to your home until the next pick-up day.
- We are adding additional community trash bins throughout the community that will be picked up each week. These are not designed to hold the normal household trash items; these must be collected in your own bins. This is to help with trash issues from people walking along the paths, the random drive thru bag on your way from car to home, etc.